2831 Polk St., Apt. 2
San Francisco, CA 94109
ICAS/Juntos Adelante is a project of the Institute for Central American Studies, a not for profit organization. The project promotes the just distribution of health, financial, intellectual, and artistic resources, abundant in the developed world, to women-owned and operated organizations and businesses in developing nations. The goal is to encourage self-sustainability of women-initiated organizations dedicated to health and human rights in their communities by sharing the wealth of services, products and resources. This would be accomplished through the following:
- Re-allocating services, products and resources from developed nations to women in developing nations who are dedicated to the health and dignity of other women, their families, and their communities.
- Providing health, community organization and fiscal information, education and services to the women who serve as civic leaders, health professionals and human rights advocates in their communities.
- Promoting and/or providing opportunities for continuing education to women in the developing world.
- Improving linkages between international, governmental, and academic institutions that assist in the sustainable development of women.s grassroots and community organizations that promote health and human rights to achieve economic independence and financial sustainability.
- Promoting and supporting research that promotes women.s health and human rights.
- Promoting universal access to reproductive health care for all women in the developing world.
- Increasing the formal recognition of under-compensated professions, such as, but not limited to as midwifery, as well as other undervalued work accomplished by women.
- Lending financial, intellectual, and artistic support to women.s initiatives throughout the developing world.
The current focus of the activities of ICAS/Juntos Adelante is as follows:
organizations include Yale University School of Nursing; the Nature
Conservancy; Ministry of Health, Nicaragua; Heart to Heart International;
International Aid; Globus Relief; Remedy Inc.; and others.